1. SITE UPGRADE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD

The NeXT Horizon website has just had a major facelift. We've moved to brand new forum software which will allow us to serve you better. If you are an existing user, you will need to reset your password by clicking here. Please note that if you haven't received your password reset email within a couple of minutes then you should check your spam folder as it's likely to be in there!

College Giveaway!

Discussion in 'P.R, Marketing And Media' started by Steve, Sep 7, 2014.

1. How about a University giveaway project? I have a pretty strong network right now for US based Universities. We could run promotions through "Class of X at University Z" pages. Groups on facebook typically have a strong post ranking and it would be easy to determine who is legit and who is a bot. Furthermore (the best part), we would be marketing NHZ to a massive early adopter group with a large number of computer science majors who are looking for "the next big thing".

Thoughts?

Edit 1: Having students utilize their Edu email could be a huge plus.

Edit 2: Fun concept photo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. whether through facebook giveaway is over?
    whether all who missed ineligible? or is not in for it?

sorry i just want to know :)
    thanks

3. It would be a separate giveaway from the first one so any student with a .edu email would be eligible. :)

PS: Thanks Breasal for moving to appropriate section. Didn't know where it should go.

4. Pharesim Administrator

I like the idea. Maybe we can attract one or two developers with it!

5. Glad to hear :).

Would you like me to start organizing it a bit? Maybe draft up the links to pages to market to and start making some connections?

6. Pharesim Administrator

Go ahead :)

7. Roger. Do you think 150K is a good amount or maybe should it be less? like 25K or 50K?

8. Pharesim Administrator

150k was an exceptional high amount, I think 50k is good enough. That's what we usually give out for ~1 hour of work.

9. I like that better. I'll update the photos accordingly.

10. Is there a way to get students in the UK to do this too? I am at 6th form and NOBODY knows a thing about crypto :'(

11. Probably! To test it I think it'd be best to start with a US localized campaign. I know the schools better and can plan more accordingly. Once a template has been made then move on to other areas.

PS: My estimated reach so far is 21000 students? :p

12. so you have 1050000000 NHZ? :D

I joke, lets just pray that not all of them try to get the NHZ

13. The movie Captain America is a symbol of American strength. The real world is a symbol of our strength NHZ

Any size donations welcomed Thanks
    NHZ-L329-NEXV-US8K-5EFB8

Facebook name : aninda siregar (https://www.facebook.com/SerculiusSiregar?fref=photo)
    My email : [email protected]
    My twitter : @adhewolesjerry

14. College Giveaway?
    When? start?

15. Great idea, thanks for starting this movement. Could attract a huge market and go viral...much lesser valued initiatives go viral everyday :p Why not something of value?

I suspect NHZ now has the best resources to do this type of promo and the experiences with giveaways. I suggest we promote the AE as well as this tool is where ideas and initiatives (and scams if not careful) can come alive.

@pharasim: remember the easter egg giveaway? It was a really great way to familiarize with the NHZ blockchain and resources. It "stuck". Could we match the university giveaway with something similar? Brainstorm idea: It's now football season at US universities (american football) and maybe this giveaway with a football popping up on the block explorer? This would help new adopters familiarize with the blockchain in an interactive and fun giveaway.

Edit: American football may be too america-centric on second thought but possibly something more global and college related - a beer bottle or a text book or diploma...something positive I suspect.

Let's keep the momentum!

16. I like the beer bottle! What better symbol of global unity :)